Not only is Julian a superb percussionist, he has a talent for developing a collaborative space for creative expression. I have enjoyed participating in circles where he has facilitated space for everyone to tune in the the rhythms being played by others and contribute in their own way.
More on Drum and Dance Circles
- On Cultural Appropriation and Creative Authenticity
- What does a drum circle facilitator do?
- Reflections from the 2021 Earth Folk Drum Clinic Fire Circles
- The Alchemical Drum and Dance Circle – Ingredients
- Teaching the Universal Language of Rhythm
- Non-Verbal/musical approaches to increasing novelty in co-creative drum and dance circles
- Teaching World Percussion and Rhythm – Why some students (and teachers) are failing and how to succeed